Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Beginner Band Starter Kit

Does your beginner band class feel
like this? Hopefully these articles can
give you some ideas that help!
I made a lot of mistakes with my approach to Beginning Band in my first year. There were some things I did right, but man was there a lot I could've done better. I wish I knew then what I know now - which I admit, still isn't much! There is still so much I'd like to know and learn when it comes to beginning band. But both my co-worker and I feel like we're both doing a much better job now than we did at our previous gigs. If you're a veteran, you might not find much here. But for the new or pre-service band director, I hope you'll find some useful ideas here. Presenting the Cooper's Divertimento Beginning Band Starter Kit!

1. Building Beginners Through Sound Before Sight
2. Teach Beginners to Count Rhythms
3. Simple Procedures to Develop Literacy & Technique
4. 5 1/2 Teaching Toys to Improve Tone
5. The Easy Way to Teach Scales
6. A Motivating Pass Off System
7. 4 Ways to Supplement the Method Book
8. 10 Motivational Strategies for Beginners

From the Archives:
9. How Do You Teach Intonation to Beginners?
10. Intonation for Beginners 2 - Daily Ensemble Training
11. Musicality for Beginners - Emphasizing Notes
12. Musicality for Beginners - Basics of Phrase Shaping

Would you like to contribute to the Beginner Band Starter Kit? E-mail me your ideas or a full post and you will get full credit for it! I would love to have your contribution on the blog!

Thank you for reading, and until next time, take care and good luck!

Musically yours,
Mr. Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...