Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ben Zander on Music and Passion

Hello again! 

On weekends I occasionally like to pass the time by surfing for cool, music related videos. Some are simply of great performances, while others are more inspirational. I've gathered quite a collection of them, and while I've always eagerly shared them with my friends over facebook, I wasn't quite thoughtful enough to share them on the blog, which after all is also a journal for my musical thoughts and ideas. My friend, John Benton over at Music Dreams does something like this, except that he posts mostly education and music related videos that he finds on TED.com.As a reader of his, I appreciate him finding those for me. I don't know why it took me so long to wise up and do this at my blog as well.

Anyway, speaking of TED, this first video is from their website. It is of one of my personal heroes, Benjamin Zander. In less than 20 minutes he explains the basics of understanding Classical Music to an audience full of non-musicians, and spreads his passion for Classical Music. I love this video, and if you haven't watched it, I can assure you that you'll love it, too. Enjoy!


Musically yours,
Mr. Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...